The first notes about Kalamaja cemetery date back to 1561 when around 2000 Swedish soldiers were buried there. In the 18th century the cemetery was used by Church of the Holy Spirit and St. Michael’s Church. By today the original Baroque Gate Tower has partially been preserved. From the 19th century on, the cemetery grew significantly due to urbanization. In the same way as with Kopli Cemetery, the Soviet authorities closed it down and turned it into a park. Fountains with distinctive style are the pearls of the current layout.
Guided tours on Saturday and Sunday at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 pm. Meeting by the fountain.