The Seaplane Hangars in the capital of Estonia were constructed in 1916-1917 by Danish company Christian & Nielsen as part of Peter the Great naval fortress. Currently these magnificent structures have been taken over by Estonian Maritime Museum. The Seaplane Hangars are covered by connected domes that in their time were the greatest reinforced concrete crust structure in the world. In 2012 KOKO Architects created the design that has been constantly revolving until today.
The spectacular permanent exhibition is located on different levels as if it were on the land, in the water and in the air thus creating exciting spaces. The museum and the Seaplane Hangar have been recognized as Estonia’s Most Tourist-Friendly Museum in 2012, Europa Nostra Grand Prix 2013 and Special Commendation from the European Museum of the Year 2014.
Guided tours will lead the visitors to the museum as well as to the corner tower that is usually closed for public.
Guided tours on Saturday and Sunday at 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00 pm. Meeting by the ticket office of the museum.