Luther’s Furniture and Veneer Factory has an important role in Estonian design and architecture history.
After the factory had moved out from the premises, the machine room – where once veneer was produced – has been taken into use in a new way. The building that was originally constructed in 1912 represents Nordic Art Nouveau on the outside with the heavy lump slate surfaces in a pleasant rhythm alternating with plastered surfaces.
The interior of the glazed gable roof with its spaciousness reminds the cathedral.
On the ground floor the examples of the products of Luther’s factory are shown.
Guided tours on Saturday and Sunday at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 pm. We will be visiting Luther’s Machine Room and Office of Äripäev.