St Olaf’s Church was the highest building in medieval Tallinn. The first church at its present location was established at around 1330, but the current dramatic look characteristic to late Gothic style dates back to the 15th century. Next to the significant vaults the attention is caught by the tower with its tent helmet. In its time the 159 meters made St Olaf’s Church the highest building of the world. After the renovation from 1820 to 1840 that followed the fire, the height of the church was only 123.7 meters.
The attention should be paid to the Chapel of St Mary (Bremen) from the 16th century where on its exterior wall is the cenotaph of the merchant Hans Pawels in the Late Gothic style.
Guided tours to the tower on demand on Saturday and Sunday between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm.