First built as a bakery but later used as flour storage, the 3-storied limestone building was implemented in 1904 as indicates the date on the gable. During the last reconstruction a new 2-storied superstructure – with its partitioned configuration of glass and sheet metal following the original shape of the roof and rhythm of the facade – was added. In addition an extension to the western side of the building was erected which harmonizes with the original building, and is connected to it via a glass gallery. Rotermann quarter is Estonia’s best example of how the influential industrial and commerce area that was founded in the 19th century, and which – by the means of modern architecture – has become a fashionable site for spending leisure time.
Guided tours on Saturday and Sunday at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 pm. Tallinn Financial Service and Office of Rotermann City will be visited. Meeting in front of Rotermanni 8.