In 1880 a dwelling by architect Rudolf Otto von Knüpffer, a separate kitchen with stone walls and a shed were built behind the new Guardhouse. The area between them was enclosed by high board fence with a large gate. There were 8 heated rooms in the two-storied wooden house for housing the castle guardians and wardens. The house is of Neo-Baroque style and one of the last buildings belonging to the castle complex that was renovated in 2008. The building which had been meanwhile used as a dwelling is currently housing the office of Kadrioru Park.
Guided tours on Saturday and Sunday at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 pm. We will be visiting the Warden’s House, Guardhouse and the Rotunda. Meeting in front of the information desk at Weizenbergi 33.